Tuesday, December 1, 2009

In the Homestretch ...

With the playoffs less than 2 weeks away, it's time for Da Schwam to take stock of the league ...

This FFL season has been very much "up & down" for me ... While I will finish the NDHFFL season in 8th place, I have locked-up 2nd place in my work-league, and will be fighting for the regular season title in yet another FFL league ... I was knocked-out of my Eliminator League in Week 11, when KC upset PIT ... As for my Pick 'Em League this season, I am currently in the 98th percentile (100-76 vs. the Spread) ... As for Da Schwamz Fantasy Picks this season, I have been rather ordinary (25-19 overall).


As for the Week 12 fantasy matchups ...

Da Gun destroys Mad Dog (154-89) -- It's not me that's good ... It's Brees! He's good!

Snapp crushes Burtonics (120-70) -- No big surprise here ... I mean Burton started Westbrook & Bulger who were known to be out this weekend on the Friday before.

J$ defeats Raiders (114-97) -- Jilbert has a tough team to beat when AP & CJ both start racking up the pts.

Demmelitions end Phockers' Playoff Hopes (119-101) -- Felicia had a chance, but the lack of production by her receivers killed her.

Gellis defeats Strikers (99-89) -- If Chad had picked up & started Leinart this weekend, Chad woulda won ... But he didn't and the Strikers lost.


Here is my fantasy outlook as the final regular season weekend approaches ...

1) Ramshafts Raiders (9-3) - With Mad Dog's loss in Week 12 (... Thanks Ebo! From Wes), Wes clinched a first-round Bye. If he wins in Week 13 (v. SoCal Strikers), Wes will clinch the #1 overall seed.

2) Mad Dog (8-4) - Murph will clinch a first-round Bye with a win this weekend (v. Gellis). If he loses, the Southside Division race gets very interesting with 3 teams trailing at 7-5.

3) Demmelitions (7-5) - Demmel is actually locked-out of getting a top-2 seed in the playoffs because of the Mad Dog vs. Gellis matchup ... If Demmel wins this weekend, he will probably lockup the #3 seed. With a loss, Demmel could fall to the 5th or 6th spot.

4) Gellis (7-5) - This Week 13 matchup is for the division title and $100 cash money!!! If Gellis wins this weekend, he will be the Southside Division Champ (since he ends up with more pts. than Chad and better division records than Murph or Demmel).

5) J$ (7-5) - Mathematically, Jilbert could end up with the 3rd seed with a "W" this weekend (he would need Demmel, Gellis, and Chad to lose) ... In actuality, win or lose, Jilbert will probably end up as the 4th or 5th seed, depending on the outcomes of the other 7-5 teams.

6) SoCal Strikers (7-5) - Chad needs to win this weekend to guarantee his playoff birth. If he loses, that will open up the door for Snapp to make the playoffs.

7) Snapp Attack (6-6) - Snapp needs to win and for Chad to lose this weekend to even have a shot at the playoffs ... It may be a long shot, but anything is possible! Remember the US team at the Confed Cup earlier this year.

8) Da Gun (4-8) - I'm all about ruining playoff dreams right now ... Gellis - CHECK! ... Mad Dog - CHECK! ... Next Up - Demmel.

9) Phockers (4-8) - Snapp needs major pts this week and La Chica is looking to put up a big number this weekend (Rivers/LT @ CLE, Schaub @ JAX, etc.).

10) Burtonics (1-11) - Maybe I should just give the "W" to Jilbert now ...


That's all I got for now ... I'll preview the Week 13 matchups tomorrow.

Tha Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment