Friday, November 6, 2009

NDHFFL Week 9 Preview

It's time for Da Schwam (who is 17-15 overall this season) to take a look at the Week 9 Matchups ...

Strikers (5-3) vs. Da Gun (2-6) -- Great! I need to make a run if I have any hope of making the playoffs and I get the SoCal Strikers ... I think my lineup has as good a chance as any to pull-off the "W", but I thought that last weekend ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> NO PICK (Pete Rose Rule)

Snapp Attack (5-3) vs. Demmelitions (4-4) -- How will Demmel rebound after what can be considered the "bonehead move of the season" in Week 8? ... Here is what happened ... Demmel used his waiver position to pick-up Ryan Fitzpatrick as a 1-week flier & dropped Sanchez, with whom, he would have won and been atop the Southend Division ... REALLY DEMMEL!! REALLY!!! In what universe would you start Fitzpatrick over Sanchez?!? ... Anyway, onto Week 9 ... QBs - I'll pick Demmel here with Rodgers & Brady, although I do think Flacco & Palmer (Snapp Attack QBs) will make this matchup a lot closer than it appears to be on paper ... WRs - Again Demmel (with AJ, Wayne, & Driver) over Colston, Holmes, & Knox (for Snapp). I mean, Demmel has 3 Top-10 receivers starting! That's tough to beat. Also, I'm not a big Knox fan, but he is better than Roy "I'm Big-D's #1 WR" Williams! ... RBs - Snapp is best here (with MB3 & MJD)! Snapp has a quality combo that is better than Demmel's duo of Kevin "Not the Clerks Guy" Smith & whoever else ... SpT - I give a slight edge to Snapp here, with the list of Indy defensive injuries growing each day, and a hot Vernon Davis at home this weekend ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> "Demmelitions in a very close, competitive match!"

J$ (4-4) vs. Burtonics (1-7) -- Do I even try and analyze this matchup or do I just continue to believe in the absolute fantasy incompetence of the Burtonics franchise?!? ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> "J$ in a route!"

Mad Dog (5-3) vs. Adam "I won't call you Phil Ivery" Gellis (5-3) -- Seriously, Gellis?? SERIOUSLY??? At most, I would call you Jamie Gold!!!! Or what about Burton as Darvin Moon? ... Anywho, lets get back to some FFL action ... QBs - Advantage Gellis! Orton & Hasselbeck over Murphy's Garrard & Stafford! ... WRs - This is the positional matchup of the weekend, imho ... (Murph) DeSean, Miles Austin, & Randy Moss vs. (Gellis) "Big City" Steve Smith, Fitzy, & MSW ... Great positional matchup! I'm callin this one even ... I'm gonna just sit back and enjoy! ... RBs - Edge Gellis (with Ray Rice & Gore) over Murph (with BJ & Turner) ... SpT - I give Mad Dog a slight edge here, since I think he has a better TE (Dallas Clark over a struggling Witten) ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> "JAMIE GOLD WINS THE 2006 WSOP!!!

Raiders (6-2) vs. Phockers (3-5) -- In the 2nd leg of this "True" Home & Home Matchup, you can throw out the pre-game analysis. This is a derby match, in the truest sense of the term ... QBs - Advanatage Raiders (with Peyton & Donovan) over the Phockers (Schaub & Rivers) ... WRs - Advantage Felicia, especially with the injury concern surrounding Wes's Manningham ... RBs - Gotta go Raiders here! I do not trust any of the Phockers' backfield options (LT, Ronnie Brown, & Reggie Kardashian-Bush) ... SpT - Pretty fair matchup this weekend ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> "Ramshaft Raiders win!"

Here are some fun links to some current events ...

Phil Ivey Undercover

Lincecum is Burning!

Girls Soccer is a contact sport ...

Roy Williams is the #1 WR in Big-D?


That's all I got for this week. Good luck to everyone this weekend & please make your Yahoo! FFL Picks on the league website ...

Tha Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment