Since the first NFL game of the week is played on Thursday night, I have to get Da Schwamz preview & analysis completed today ...
With 4 weeks left in the regular (fantasy) season, here is how the playoff picture is shaping up ...
- Wes holds a commanding 2-game lead in the Northend Division
- There is a wild 4-team race for the Southside Division title
- 7 teams is a race for 6 playoff spots
- Felicia still has an outside shot at making the playoffs
- Da Gun is looking to play spoiler in the last month of the fantasy regular season
- Burton is now researching who to pick in 2010 ... AP or Peyton?!?
Now lets have Da Schwam take a look at the Week 10 matchups ...
Demmelitions (5-4) vs. Da Gun (2-7) -- In this 1st (of 2) inter-division matchups late in the season, this represents my best shot of making the playoffs ... QBs - Slight edge to Demmel with Peyton & Rodgers, but just slightly as I have Brees (@STL) & Matty Ice (although recently the "Ice" moniker is not a good one) ... WRs - Even without AJ this weekend, Demmel should still have the edge here with Wayne, Driver, +1. That's a better trio than whichever 3 receivers I start this weekend ... RBs - I think I have a slight edge in the backfield this weekend with S-Jax & Frenchy starting. Well, at least, better than Addai & Thomas Jones ... SpT - Pretty Even across the board here ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> NO PICK!
Snapp Attack (5-4) vs. J$ (5-4) -- This is a big game for both squads with huge playoff implications! ... QBs - This matchup is all over the place, as all 4 projected starters are gambles this weekend. For Snapp, we have Flacco (@CLE, where he could throw for 5TDs or none as Rice has a huge day) & Palmer (@PIT ... Top D ... Nuf said!), while Jilbert has Cutler (@SF ... Does the SF D show up?) & Alex Smith (v.CHI ... Again, does the D show up?). If I had to pick a winner from these 2 sides, I would have to go with Snapp's duo. I just do not trust the CHI @ SF game to put up many points ... WRs - Tie here with (Snapp) Colston, Santonio, & Braylon vs. (Jilbert) Roddy, Jennings, & Santana ... RBs - I don't like MB3's inconsistency & the Jags have been hit or miss on the road this season. Plus, Jilbert has CJ & AP ... Advantage J$! ... SpT - Even matchup here ... I like Davis this week (for Snapp), but Jilbert has the PIT D ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> J$ KICKS SOME ASS!
SoCal Strikers (6-3) vs. Mad Dog (6-3) -- WOW! Murphy at 6-3 and in the playoff hunt! What is this fantasy world coming to?!?! ... QBs - (Chad) Warner & Big Ben at home this weekend ... Advantage Chad! ... WRs - I think this may be key positional matchup this weekend, between these 2 squads. I think its close, but if I had to pick a side, I would choose Mad Dog with DeSean, Austin, & Randy Moss. That trio is simply better than "Southern" Steve Smith, V-Jax, & Mason ... RBs - I gotta go with Murphy's backfield of Turner & Moreno over Chad's duo of Forte & Hightower ... SpT - WOW! Talk about the stars aligning here ... Murphy has got studs at both TE (Dallas Clark) & DEF (NO D @ STL) this weekend ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> MAD DOG IN A HARD FOUGHT MATCH!
Gellis (5-4) vs. Phockers (3-6) -- First off, I refuse to call Gellis, Phil Ivey! Now, "RIP Aerosmith"?!? You gotta check your facts (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8355485.stm) ... "Your momma call you Gold Club, I'm gonna call you Gold Club!" ... QBs - Advantage Gellis! But not by as wide of a margin as one would think. I see Rivers vs. Hasselbeck being about even, which would leave Favre vs. Campbell. Favre has a cake matchup (v.DET), while Campbell faces Denver (at home, coming off a Bye). I'll give it to Favre, but not by much, imho ... WRs - I'll call this matchup even! (Felicia) Housh, Welker, Ward vs. (Gellis) Fitzgerald, Coles, MSW ... RBs - Gellis has the edge here with whatever 2 RBs (out of Rice, Gore, Benson) he decides to start. For La Chica, LT is looking old, while Ronnie remains consistently inconsistent ... SpT - Gellis gets the edge here with another nice DEF flier. This week it is the MIA D (v.TB) ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> GELLIS!
Raiders (7-2) vs. Burtonics (1-8) -- Not even worth my time ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> RAMSHAFTS RAIDERS IN A BLOWOUT!
Please don't forget that the first NFL game of Week 10 is CHI @ SF on Thursday evening with a 5:20pm kickoff.
Also, the trade deadline is fast approaching (11/20) , so please plan accordingly ...
That's all I got for now ...
Tha Commish
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aerosmith without Steven Tyler is just not Aerosmith.
ReplyDeleteSure ... But Tyler is saying he's in! Perry is the one saying he's Tyler is out!
ReplyDelete