Friday, October 9, 2009

Da Schwam's Week 5 Preview

As NFL Sunday approaches, Da Schwam looks to rebound from a horrendous 1-3 record (Now, 7-9 Overall) from last week ... Lets take a look at the matchups in the NDHFFL this weekend ...

Da Gun (2-2) vs. J$ (2-2) -- This matchup is shaping-up to be quite a good match this weekend ... QB - Maybe I'm a bit bias, but I think I have the advantage here (despite what the Yahoo! projections say) with Matty Ice & DA. I think Ryan will match Hill in production this Sunday, while I like Anderson's upside over Boller (vs. MIN) ... WR - This matchup is pretty even with Boldin/Esteban-85/Burleson (Da Gun) vs. Walter/Roddy/Santana (J$) ... RB - I will give Jilbert this one with AP & CJ (over my duo of Mendenhall & S-Jax), but I think CJ's Yahoo! projection of 18pts. is a bit high. I think Indy's defensive gameplan will be to stop CJ and force Collins to beat you with the pass ... SpT - I give the edge to me here. The D & K are equal, but I think Celek is better than whichever TE Jilbert decides to start this weekend ... SCHWAMI SAYS --- OUTLOOK NOT SO CLEAR! NO PICK!

Snapp Attack (2-2) vs. Mad Dog (2-2) -- I predicted this matchup to be a close one from the start ... QB - Edge to Snapp with Palmer & Flacco. Ya know a fantasy owner is scraping the bottom of the barrel when he is forced to start Chad Henne ... WR - Advantage Mad Dog here! Snapp has too many questionable players starting this weekend - An over-the-hill TO; A 1-week filler in Massaquoi; And Santonio Holmes. Meanwhile, Murphy's starting trio of Randy Moss, DeSean, and whoever his 3rd starter is (Austin or Rice), is better than whatever receivers Snapp starts on Sunday ... RB - I think Snapp has a slightest of edges here with both of his starters (MJD & MB3) facing favorable Rush Ds this weekend. I am also unsure of Murphy's current plan to start Moreno (vs. NE at home) over Turner (@ SF). I know that Turner has the tougher of the matchups this weekend, but he was your #1 Pick this year. I'm a believer in playing your studs, all else being equal ... SpT - I think this matchup is pretty-much equal. Murphy has the better TE, but I like Snapp's D this weekend more than Murph's ... SCHWAMI SAYS --- SNAPP ATTACK (In a match that will be decided on MNF)!

Phockers (1-3) vs. Raiders (3-1) -- So I've been thinking this week about what to call this matchup and I think I got it ... The "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" Derby! Think you can do better? Than how about letting me know by responding in this blog's comments ... But onto this matchup for Thatch's love ... QB - Peyton & McNabb have too good of matchups here to not give this one to Wes, but I think Felicia is a lot closer (with Schaub & Campbell starting) than it would first appear. Schaub could be in a shootout this weekend (@ ARZ) and this weekend is one of the few weekends that Campbell is actually start-able ... WR - Neither corp really looks that good of a play this weekend, but I will give the edge to La Chica here. I like her matchups this weekend (Housh vs. JAX, Ward @ DET, & Cotchery @ MIA) way more than Wes's starters. I especially do not like the play of starting Shiancoe this weekend. I think there are WRs available this weekend that are better plays ... RB - I will give the advantage to Wes here. I like DeAngelo this weekend more than Ronnie, and I really don't like LJ or Jamal starting this weekend, so that bad vs. bad cancels one another out ... SpT - Edge Raiders, since I like Owens & MIN D this weekend, over the Phockers' Mercedes Lewis & DAL D ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --- RAMSHAFT RAIDERS!

Strikers (4-0) vs. V-Egret (1-3) -- I think this is the weekend for the Strikers' hot start to end ... QB - Edge to Chad here with Big Ben & Warner expecting big games. Favre & Edwards are OK to start, but I just don't see the upside that Chad's starters have ... WR - Talk about exciting! Steve Smith vs. Steve Smith this weekend for the fantasy title of the "The Steve Smith". I gotta give the edge to V-Egret here with MSW/"Northern" Steve Smith/Fitzy over Mason/"Southern" Steve Smith/Gonzo ... RB - Advantage Gellis, again! Slaton & Rice are better than whatever 2 RBs Chad decides to start (he just picked-up Ricky Williams, and is currently starting Hightower & Stewart) ... SpT - Vote V-Egret here, yet again. Witten is better than any TE option Chad has available ... SCHWAMI SAYS --- V-EGRET!

Burtonics (1-3) vs. Demmelitions (1-3) -- Da Schwam likes Burtonics this weekend in this matchup ... QB - Advantage Burton with Romo & Orton. Demmel having to start Sanchez this weekend (with Rodgers on a Bye) gives Burton the edge here ... WR - I'll take Demmel here. The quality at receiver of Wayne & AJ makes the Demmelitions a better corp this weekend, no matter who the #3 starter is. Plus, Burton's Megatron & Marshall are facing tough Ds this weekend. On top of that, I also think Berrian is a gamble this weekend ... RB - I've been giving Burton crap this season about who he's been starting in his backfield, but this weekend, I'll give him the edge regardless. I'd start any of Burton's RBs (Westbrook, Portis, McGahee, F-Jax) over any of Demmel's choices (T. Jones, L. Washington, Addai, K. Smith) ... SpT - Advantage Burton here. NYG D! Say hello to JaMarcus Russell! ... SCHWAMI SAYS --- BURTONICS!

That's all I got for you ...

Tha Commish

1 comment:

  1. It's gonna be tight! Come on high scoring game tonight!

    ReplyDelete