So lets take a look at the league as we are at the halfway point of the regular season ...
Ramshaft Raiders (5-1) - It's only fair that the Raiders most aptly compare to the Colts, thus far this fantasy season ... Led by Peyton Manning, Wes's squad is 5-1 and has a good full game lead from the next contender ... The team's RBs (DeAngelo & Ryan Grant) are starting to hit their stride and he's got 2 great TEs (Owens & Visanthe).
SoCal Strikers (4-2) - I would compare Chad's team to the G-Men ... Serviceable QBs (Big Ben & Warner); RB1 (Forte) has been disappointing, while RB2 (Hightower, Sproles, or Ricky) has been a saving grace ... Steve Smith has been a total bust thus far, while Gonzo hasn't lost a step with Matty Ice throwing him the ball.
Victorious Egret (4-2) - Gellis's squad is the fantasy equivalent of the Vikes ... Led by Brett Favre with stud RBs (Benson, Rice, Slaton, and Gore) ... I also like Gellis's pick-ups of MSW and the "Big City" Steve Smith. They will be useable all season (barring injury, of course).
Demmelitions (3-3) - Demmel's boyz are the Pats ... Stud QBs (Brady & Rodgers) and WRs (Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Donald Driver) with a hodgepodge of RBs (Jones, Addai, & "Not the Clerks" Kevin Smith).
J$ Ass Kickers (3-3) - I think Jilbert's team is like the Chargers ... A talented squad limited by their head coach! ;) ... I think Cutler is the new fantasy Favre (you just gotta live with the good & the bad) and Shaun Hill is serviceable ... AP is stud, but Chris Johnson worries me. He only has 2 double-digit performances in 6 games ... Roddy is starting to turn it on and Greg Jennings better start turning it on soon.
Mad Dog (3-3) - Murphy is like the Niners ... Serviceable QBs (Garrard & Cassel) with stud RBs (Jacobs & Turner). Mike's WR core (Moss, DeSean, Sidney Rice, & Miles Austin) is also starting to take shape.
Snapp Attack (3-3) - Snapp is the fantasy Bengals ... Led by big-time QBs (Palmer & Flacco) with a surprisingly good Defense (NYJ) ... I think Snapp's RBs (MJD, MB3, Lynch, Caddy, & JJ) have actually been kind of a disappointment thus far. MJD is all or nothing. MB3 has a nagging injury. Lynch was suspended ... On the flip side, I really like his WRs (Colston, Braylon, Santonio, Knox, and MoMa).
Tokubo Shogunate (2-4) - I think thru the first half of this season, I have been like the Cowboys ... Talented team that just hasn't produced at the end of the day for whatever reason.
Phockers (2-4) - This squad looks like the Texans ... Near-elite QBs (Schaub & Rivers) and WRs (Welker, Ward, & Housh) with some inconsistent fantasy RBs (LT, Ronnie Brown, Jamal, & Reggie).
Burtonics (1-5) - After last weekend's performance, Burton is the fantasy Redskins ... A club that is going in the wrong direction! ... Orton has done better than I expected, which wasn't that much; Romo has been an absolute mess; Calvin Johnson is like S-Jax, the only useable fantasy option on a very bad team; Brandon Marshall has been serviceable, but not nearly as dangerous with Orton; And your RBs are kind of a mess (Portis, Westbrook, & McGahee).
Just a lil' fun fantasy analysis for everyone as we approach "Da Turn" ...
Tha Commish
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment