Tuesday, October 6, 2009

FFL Week 4 in Review

Da Schwam ended up a very poor 1-3 this weekend (7-9 in 2009 ... UUUGGGHHH) ... I went 7-7 in my Weekly Pick 'Em game (which I am playing "against the spread" & am still in the 96th percentile) ... I also went "All-in" on the Niners this weekend ... Picked up & started Coffee & SF D; Picked them to cover in my Pick 'Em game; And SF (over STL) was my Eliminator Pick this weekend.

And now, onto "10 Things that made me go HURM" ...

1) It appears that I cannot win a fantasy match unless I am the weekend's high-score ... Who can I blame for my ridiculous FFL schedule?!?! ;)

2) Some good news for Burton ... Crabtree is in the Bay for contract talks! Here's hoping!

3) WHAT A DERBY MATCH!!!! Talk about exciting until the end! The Raiders pull-out the "W" on GB's final drive last night ... Braylon & JJ killed Snapp this weekend. Wes was able to survive this battle of attrition to remain atop his division.

4) Chad's SoCal Strikers remain undefeated & now hold a 2-game lead in his division ... Forte is finally rounding into form and if this squad gets a viable RB2, this squad is gonna be scary come playoff time.

5) J$, on the other hand, seems to be heading in the opposite direction ... Get ready for a beatdown in Week 5!

6) "Pop the champagne!" ... Finally, a win for Felicia and her "mutha" Phockers!

7) Meanwhile, Mad Dog returns to his fantasy ways with a crushing loss to an 0-3 franchise ... Building your fantasy team around Henne & Quinn! AWESOME!!! :P

8) I will give props to Gellis for the pickups of MSW & "the other, but playing well enough to be the original" Steve Smith.

9) OK, so I think I need to re-adjust my FFL Power Rankings ... I don't think I can justify that Demmel has the strongest fantasy squad, when the Demmelitions are 1-3 and in last place.

10) As far as I can tell, one's division record does not mean anything ... Overall Pts is the first tiebreaker (both inter & intra-division)

That's all I got to say for now ...

Tha Commish

1 comment:

  1. In an attempt to create some action on the trading front, I am willing to trade away Gates and/or the SF D for a QB/WR/RB of compensatory value ... No reasonable offer will be refused!

    Ebo

    ReplyDelete