Friday, October 16, 2009

Da Schwam's Week 6 Preview

After a very lackluster start to the 2009 FFL season (7-9 overall), Da Schwam is looking to get back on track and pick some winners in Week 6 ...

(NOTE: All analysis is based on the projected starting lineups on Sunday ... i.e. Trades between Snapp & Murphy and Me & Jilbert have be approved and implemented)

(2nd NOTE: Today is the last day to get trades agreed to & completed prior to Week 6 games)

Da Gun (2-3) vs. Phockers (1-4) -- With Cotchery out this weekend and Ronnie & DAL D on Byes, the Phockers face this season's points leader with a less than full-strength squad ... QB -- Talk about a great QB matchup here with Da Gun's Brees/Matty Ice vs. the Phockers' Schaub/Rivers. Lets just call this one even and enjoy the matchup! ... WR -- Another very even matchup with my trio of Boldin/Esteban 85/Burleson vs. Felicia's starting trio of Houshmandzadeh/Welker/Ward. I think both sides get their targets, but the deciding factor will be who scores TDs this weekend ... RB -- Advantage Me! With the Phockers not having any favorable starting options, I like whichever 2 RBs I start on Sunday ... SpT -- I think I have the advantage here with an Elite TE and the Philly D @ OAK this weekend ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> NO PICK!

SoCal Strikers (4-1) vs. Snapp Attack (2-3) -- How will the Strikers rebound after their 1st loss of the fantasy season? Everyone will find out as Chad faces-off against a rejuvinated Snapp ... QB -- An owner cannot really go wrong in choosing one's starting QBs from Big Ben, Eli, and/or Warner. Advantage Chad, here! However, I do think Snapp keeps things closer than expected here with Carson (v. HOU at home) & Flacco ... WR -- I think Snapp's acquisition of Colston this week makes things pretty even at receiver. The Strikers have multiple options to choose from this weekend with no clear-cut standout ... RB -- Who does Chad start at RB2 this weekend? Hightower (@SEA) or Stewart (@TB)? I guess it doesn't really matter with Snapp's MJD favorable matchup on Sunday (v. STL at home). Advantage Snapp! ... SpT -- I'll give the edge to Snapp here with his Crosby pickup. I still cannot believe you cherry-picked my K ... Isn't that bad fantasy etiquette?!? Kinda like cock-blocking 1-week fliers ... ;P ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> SNAPP ATTACK in a close one!

J$ (3-2) vs. V-Egret (3-2) -- I give Jilbert a fighting chance this weekend, but he has got some tough matchups this weekend ... QB -- I'll take Gellis's Favre/Hasselbeck over J$'s Cutler/Collins any day, any matchup ... WR -- I give the slightest of advantages to Gellis here with "Big City" Steve Smith/MSW/Fitzgerald. I think Jilbert's starting trio of Roddy/Jennings/Santana is good, but they V-Egrets receivers just have more upside ... RB -- I will call this one an even match this weekend. I do not like AP this weekend (facing a very tough & angry BAL D), while CJ does not inspire confidence against a good D (his only double-digit score this season came against HOU in Week 2). On the other side of the fantasy pigskin, I really like Benson (v. HOU at home) this weekend and I think Ray Rice will get 100yds combined ... SpT - I will give Jilbert this one, since he has a TE playing this week ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> V-EGRET!!!

Mad Dog (3-2) vs. Demmelitions (2-3) -- Will Mad Dog's mid-week trade prove to be his ticket to "Wins-ville" ... Not likely! ... QB -- Demmel's Brady/Rodgers duo should be better than whichever 2 QBs Murphy can start ... WR -- I think both sides are equally bad! Mad Dog will have to trot out TO or Sidney Rice in his flex spot. Demmel's options are just as bad with Indy on a Bye this weekend. That would make Driver his WR2 this weekend and then Demmel would have to start one of his TEs in the flex ... RB -- Mad Dog gets Schwamz vote here with Jacobs/Turner. I like them much better than 2 middle-of-the-pack RBs facing middle-of-the-pack Ds ... SpT -- Very close call here, but I will give the edge to Demmel with the GB D! ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> DEMMELITIONS!

Ramshafts Raiders (4-1) vs. Burtonics (1-4) -- Oh, this will be a fun match to watch! Will Burton start JaMarcus Russell this weekend. Based on past performances (8, 3, 0, 2, -3pts), I give Burton about a 50/50 shot that Russell ends Sunday with a positive score ... I'm down for a sidebet here, anyone?!?! ... QB -- McNabb/Johnson are way better than Orton/Russell, but is Orton (alone) better than Orton/Russell?!? ... WR -- I would call it even at receiver, if Burton is able to pick-up a decent receiver (W/T) prior to Sunday. Wes's starting trio of Manningham/Bowe/Hester is not anything spectacular, and I really like the upside of Marshall & Berrian ... RB -- Even matchup in the backfield with Wes starting DeAngelo/Grant, while Burton has will probably start 2 out of Westbrook, McGahee, Portis, & Wells ... SpT -- Pretty even here! ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> RAMSHAFTS RAIDERS!!

That's all for me ... Good Luck in Week 6!

Tha Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment