So I think I'm gonna start doing some early analysis for the upcoming NFL Weekend on Wednesdays (once initial FFL projections & injury reports have been published) this season ... I'm gonna push my FFL Picks & Analysis to later on in the week.
Now onto my initial analysis of the Week 5 Fantasy Matchups ...
Da Gun (2-2) vs. J$ (2-2) -- My team goes into this weekend filled with questions as to who to start at QB, WR, and RB ... At least, Jilbert's squad is not going to be at full-strength this weekend with Cutler & Jennings on Byes. It looks like J$ is projected to score right around 100pts this weekend, and with my squad starting some 1-week fliers, this looks to be shaping up to be quite a close matchup.
Snapp Attack (2-2) vs. Mad Dog (2-2) -- Snapp may want to pick-up a WR who is actually playing this weekend (Knox is on a Bye), especially with Braylon now heading to NYJ. I don't like Snapp's QB matchups this weekend and I think TO is absolute garbage (but since Snapp drafted him in the 5th round and he cannot get market value for him in a trade, so I understand the start), but I do like the rest of his lineup (MJD @ SEA, MB3 @ KC, PIT @ DET) ... Meanwhile, Murphy looks to be set to start a full-strength lineup.
Ramshafts Raiders (3-1) vs. Phockers (1-3) -- So what do we call this matchup? "The Douwes Derby"? "The Thatcher Fox Derby"? "Orange Army vs. El Tri"? ... Please let me know if anyone has a good name for this fantasy matchup ... It does not look good for a Phockers squad that has to manage 6 players on Byes this weekend ... On the other side of the fantasy pigskin, Wes's squad is near full strength. I'm not quite sold on the LJ start and I would go pickup a WR for this weekend, but that's just me.
SoCal Strikers (4-0-0) vs. V-Egret (2-2) -- Is this the week we "pop the champagne"? It may be with the Strikers having 4 regular starters on Byes (Both RBs & 2 WRs) ... Gellis will be starting a full-strength squad with some really favorable matchups.
Burtonics (1-3) vs. Demmelitions (1-3) -- Burtonics is the early favorite, simply from the fact that he has no Byes to workaround this weekend ... Demmel has 2 regular starters (Rodgers/Driver) on Byes this weekend and I am not very high on their likely replacements (Sanchez/Heath Miller). Plus, I do not like his RB matchups for Week 5 (T. Jones/L. Washington @ MIA & K. Smith v. PIT).
Shoot me back by commenting on this blog post ...
Tha Commish
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment