Friday, October 23, 2009

Da Schwamz Week 7 Preview

Before I begin, I would like to hear from our resident MLB expert about some crazy happenings over the last couple of days ... Check these stories out ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Jamie-McCourt-wants-to-take-over-Dodgers?urn=mlb,197811

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/21/steve-phillips-brooke-hun_n_328518.html

So what say you Gellis? ...

Now, lets take a look at the action at "Da Turn" ... It's time for inter-division play and team is matched up against a team from the other side of the tracks.

At "Da Turn", Da Schwam is 13-11 for the season, so lets take a look at Da Schwamz Pix for Week 7 ...

Raiders (5-1) vs. Da Gun (2-4) -- Dudes (and Mommies)! It's like a flashback to 1997! 1252 Foothill Blvd ... Apt. 12 vs. Apt. 14 (is that the right apartment numbers?!?) ... Anyways, this game should be a lot closer than the records would indicate ... QBs - This matchup should be fun to watch this weekend with the Raiders' Peyton & McNabb facing-off against my boyz Brees & Ryan. I'm not even going to compare them because both sides are of just such high quality ... WRs - I would give a slight advantage to the Raiders at receiver this weekend, expecially with injury concerns to Boldin. While I think my receiving trio (Esteban 85, Breaston, & Boldin) has more upside, I think Wes's play is the safe one (starting Manningham, Bowe, & Hester) ... RBs - I gotta give the edge to Wes here with DeAngelo & Grant starting. Both S-Jax & Frenchie have questionable matchups this weekend ... SpT - I think my boyz are set-up best here. I like Gates (@KC) over Daniels (vSF) this weekend, as well as the Philly D (@WAS after that loss last weekend) over MIN D (@PIT) ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> NO PICK!

V-Egret (4-2) vs. Snapp (3-3) -- In the other matchup of the Pike-house "Presidents' Corners", we have Gellis vs. Snapp ... I think this matchup will be very close, as both squads have to deal with with some of their superstars on Byes this weekend ... QBs - I give V-Egret the slightest of advantages here, based purely on the mojo of Favre in big-games. I don't like either Henne nor Fitzpatrick this weekend, and I think Palmer will do OK on Sunday. For Gellis, Favre will either throw the gamewinner or he will end up the GOAT (with something like 3 Picks) ... WRs - I would give the edge to Gellis here, but if he starts Finley at the flex, I think this matchup becomes a push. I think Adam's "Northern" Steve Smith & Fitzgerald is better than Snapp's starters of Braylon (on a Jets squad that may not have Cotchery, which means Nnamdi gets Edwards) & Colston. But at the flex, Santonio has so much more potential than Finley (who has really only had 1 good game this season) ... RBs - I think whichever RB-duo Gellis starts (2 out of Benson, Slaton, Gore) is better than Snapp's starting backfield of Beastmode & the Barbarian. Mendenhall is an interesting play here now that he has been annointed RB1 by Tomlin ... SpT - I give V-Egret the edge here with NE D in Wembley (UK) this weekend. I have a feeling Belichick is gonna wanna put on a show in front of the Queen ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> V-EGRET!!!

J$ (3-3) vs. Demmelitions (3-3) -- North vs. South (Californian) ... East vs. West (White Boys vs. Towelheads) ... I think matchup will show the respective quality in each division ... QBs -- Demmel has Brady & Rodgers (over Jilbert's Cutler & Hill) ... Nuf said! ... WRs - I take Demmel's receivers (Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, & Driver), but it is closer that it would appear at first glance. J$ is starting Roddy (... Stud!), Jennings (who has had trouble so far this season), & Santana (an all or nothing play) ... RBs - While I do think AP is a fantasy stud! I don't think I can rank him over the duo of Thomas Jones & Addai ... SpT - Pretty even matchup here! J$ has Gostkowski (who I think is gonna have a huge outing this weekend), but Demmel has 2 great options at D (GB D @ CLE and IND D @ STL) ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> DEMMELITIONS!!!

Mad Dog (3-3) vs. Burtonics (1-5) -- This may be the most pathetic fantasy matchup this weekend, as both squads will have an issue fielding complete lineups come Sunday ... QBs - I'll give the edge to Burton here with Romo playing at home & coming off a Bye. Mad Dog only has Cassel. That makes JaMarcus simply gravy for Burton this weekend (as of this moment) ... WRs - Advantage Mad Dog! It doesn't matter which 3 (of 5 - Moss, DeSean, Rice, Austin, TO) he starts. Just take a look at Burton's available options (Berrian, Crabtree, Bruce). Two receivers on a run-first team and Berrian, uuggghhh! ... RBs - I think its close, but I think Portis/Westbrook (Burtonics) is just better than a struggling Jacobs/Turner (Mad Dog) ... SpT - Advantage Murphy! He's got Dallas Clark (@STL), a Kicker who actually on the gridiron on Sunday, and I think the NO D is a nice pickup ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> MAD DOG!!!

SoCal Strikers (4-2) vs. Phockers (2-4) -- I see more trouble on the horizon for the Strikers this weekend. Felicia's squad has finally come to life ... QBs - This is a very even matchup. Felicia (Schaub/Rivers) has the matchups, but Chad (Big Ben/Warner) has the overall quality ... WRs - I give the Phockers the edge here with her receiving trio (War, Welker, & Cotchery) as Chad is forced to start Watson this weekend alongside his 2 primary receivers ("Southern" Steve Smith & VJ) ... RBs - This group is a hard one to judge. Currently, I give the Phockers a slight advantage, based on the current expected starting lineups, but Chad has so many options (Forte, Hightower, Jon Stewart, Ricky Williams, & Sproles) that its hard to make a clear comparison ... SpT - I'll give the edge to Chad here with Gonzo & SF D ... SCHWAMI SAYZ --> PHOCKERS!!!

That's all I got for now ...

Tha Commish

1 comment:

  1. I am in mourning now as the Dodgers have been knocked out of the playoffs. I will respond to the Dodger-ownership drama after I complete sitting shiva. As far as sex scandals with analysts...I couldn't care less.

    ReplyDelete