Tuesday, October 13, 2009

FFL Week 5 in Review

Da Schwam continues to struggle to break the Pick 'Em Mendoza Line this season, going 2-2 yet again this past weekend (9-11 overall) ... At least I am still in my Eliminator League (my strategy is to pick whoever is playing OAK, STL, or DET, in that order) and I am above the 95th percentile in my picks this season (48-28) against the spread.

Now onto "10 Things that made me HURM" after this past weekend's actions ...

1) I CAN'T PICK KICKERS IN FFL! ... This is the 2nd time in recent memory that I have picked up a Bye Week K, only to see him score a big goose-egg! UGGGHHHH! At least, I can take comfort in the fact that I just had a bad week, as I couldn't have beat J$ this weekend, even with an optimal lineup.

2) Jilbert is in 2nd place in a very week division ... I'm gonna have to bring this up at the next NDHFFL Competition Committee. Also, nice pick-up of Boller :P ... He did better than Anderson & Collins. However, did you see which STL QB threw for a TD?

3) Talk about a tough week for Snapp ... 50pts!?!?! Mad Dog beat you with Henne & Austin! HENNE & AUSTIN!!!

4) Did Murphy pick-up Miles Austin (DAL WR) simply for his name? ... Anyways, great final draft pick (who may just end up being the most valuable Cowboys' FFL WR).

5) The Douwes Derby was an exciting match all the way thru MNF ... Ronnie Brown almost brought the Phockers back, but in the end, the quality of Peyton, McNabb, & MIN D won out!

6) What has happened to the Phockers after her Championship Run? ... 1-4 and currently 9th in the league.

7) For that matter, what has happened to both Burtonics & the Phockers? ... These were the 2 teams in the Phat Bowl last season. Now, both are 1-4 and at the bottom of the league table.

8) POP!!! I had called this one earlier in the week ... Gellis had a stacked lineup this weekend and it played out that way with 6 players in double-digits, led by Hasselbeck coming back from injury to post 34pts.

9) I think I called the Burtonics vs. Demmelitions match my "Game of the Week" and it lived up to that billing ... Even more amazing is if you look at the box score ... Burtonics had 3 players score "0" (Megatron, McGahee, & Cooley), yet still managed to post a score of 114pts. Meanwhile, the Demmelitions had 7 players score double-digits and yet he eeeked out a mere 1pt. "W" ... Crazy crazy crazy game!

10) Why is Burton talkin sh*&?!? He is 1-4 and in last place ... Thanks for your donation, Mr. Fish!

Tha Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment