I have some mixed feelings as Week 6 in FFL comes to a close ... Da Schwam went 4-0 this weekend (and is now, finally above the Pick 'Em Mendoza Line for the season at 13-11), I am still in my Eliminator Game (after over a quarter of the participants lost in picking the Eagles this weekend ... I went with the Jags at home in Week 6), and I went 9-5 in my Pick 'Em League (against the spread & now am in the 99th percentile) ... But on the flip-side, I fell to a struggling Phockers team, who didn't seem to struggling this weekend after scoring 145pts (after not scoring over 113pts. in the previous 5 weeks) ...
Anywho, lets take a look back at the Week 6 Fantasy Matchups ...
Phockers crush Da Gun (145-119) -- The Phockers pretty much sealed the "W" with Welkers' performance on Sunday afternoon. At that point, with only Ryan & Gates left to play, while Felicia still had Rivers & LT left, I needed a huge game from Ryan ... Didn't happen!!! That left Gates to make-up 10pts. with 2 teammates on the opposing fantasy team. Pretty much impossible to do, especially when one of the opposing players is the QB throwing to my TE ... Next up for both franchises, the division leaders.
Snapp Attack cruise past stumbling Strikers (145-103) -- Snapp rebounds from a horrendous Week 5 performance to crush the D2 leader, thereby making the D2 standings a complete scramble. As for Chad, the "Southern" Steve Smith & Forte are absolutely killing you! 3pts. combined from 2 of your top 3 draft picks just ain't cutting it!
V-Egret embarrasses J$ (141-96) -- Despite Hasselbeck's -1pt performance (supposedly, Matt Hasselbeck is 12-0 when Mama Hasselbeck is in Seattle ... Well, so much for trends mentioned on ESPN's Fantasy Football Now), V-Egret was on fire this weekend with 7 players in double-digits. I will now concede that Ray Rice is now the real deal! Also, how about the Kerry Collins!?!
Demmelitions play the Pats to Mad Dog's Titans (181-119) -- First off, 181pts!!!! WOW!!! 7 players in double-digits! 4 players with 20+pts! ... Actually, Murphy's team played pretty OK. Nothing special, but not Tennessee-type of giving up.
Raiders take a nap on Sunday afternoon and still earn "W" over Burtonics (116-48) -- In actuality, Burton's squad was more Tennessee-esque and that pretty much gave Wes the "W" ... I mean Burton had like what, 24pts. going into MNF. Burton started Vick over JaMarcus Russell (which really shows how much you trust JaMarcus), Calvin Johnson (who was inactive on Sunday), and McGahee over Westbrook (REALLY?!?! REALLY?!?!?) ... It doesn't get any better for Burton in Week 7, as he will be dealing with 5 regular starters on Byes. Wes's squad was steady, yet again, this weekend and did not need McNabb to score big on Sunday. Actually, I'm kinda scared of McNabb in Week 7 (@ WAS). On the other hand, Philly has a win so maybe the Redskins will win this one ... ;P
In terms of the upcoming schedule ... Week 7 is the weekend for "Inter-division Play" (think MLB inter-league play) ... All 5 matches are inter-division matchups. This weekend is also the "Turn", as it marks the halfway point of the regular season. Week 10 is "Rivalry Week" (think College Football).
That's all I got for today ... I'll take a look back at the first-half of the fantasy season & preview the remaining Week 7 in the next couple days.
Tha Commish
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGentlemen (and Jilbert and Felicia), I have a problem. There are just not enough touches for Gore, Slaton, Ray Rice and Cedric Benson...so the lockerroom is starting to get tense. Will someone please take a top RB off my hands?
ReplyDelete-Adam
GM Victoria's Secret
I'm not greedy, I'll take any of those 4RBs for Derek Anderson ... :P
ReplyDeleteEbo